Steps to Employment Grant
Steps to Employment Grant
What is the Steps to Employment grant?
The Steps to Employment grant is available to support Grŵp Cynefin tenants and service users to overcome barriers related to education, training and employment.
We want to help make a difference to your life by supporting you on the road to employment.
Please see below examples of how we can help:
- Equipment to help start up or develop your own business
- Short term childcare to help you work, train or study (subject to terms and conditions)
- Course materials and associated costs
- A bike or bus pass to help you get to work
- Interview / work clothes for that all important interview or a new job
- Travel to and from interviews
- Training courses and specialist qualifications
- Computer equipment to help you go to college or start a business
Information about the grant
Who can apply for the grant?
- The grant is only available for Grŵp Cynefin tenants, service users and family members living with the tenant
- You must be aged 16 or over
- Rent arrears and other tenancy issues will be taken into consideration. The issues that are taken into account will vary depending on whether the individual applying is a tenant or a family member.
- Applicants who are successfully managing rent arrears will not necessarily be excluded.
How to apply and what is the application process?
You will need to complete an application form by:
- Downloading and printing the application form Ffurflen_Camau_i_Gyflogaeth_(C+S)
- Calling us and we can send you one in the post
- Picking one up from any of our offices
If you require any assistance in completing the application form, one of our members of staff will be happy to help.
Return the completed form to us either by hand, post or via email ‐ you will need to include all details and prices for the specific items you want.
We will assess your application and aim to let you know our decision within 4 weeks.
How much funding can you apply for?
The maximum amount of funding you can apply for is £300. Each application will be considered on an individual basis.
How will you receive the grant if successful?
How you receive the grant will depend on what it is for e.g. for items such as training courses or equipment, we can purchase these direct for you. If they are items such as clothing, we can provide you with vouchers for the shop you wish to purchase the items from, or we can reimburse you with the money if you send us the receipts.
What conditions apply?
- You must spend the money on the items requested.
- We will need receipts for any items bought, to show that you have spent the money on the items requested.
- You will be expected to show us how the grant helped and made a difference to you. Either in a form of letter, a chat with a member of staff from Grŵp Cynefin, a picture, video or on social media.
- Wherever possible, you will need to agree that we can use your grant for publicity purposes for example an article for our website or the tenants’ newsletter (Calon). Please contact us if there are any issues and we can discuss further.
- Any unspent money needs to be returned to us.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the grant, please give the Community Initiatives Team in Grŵp Cynefin:
0300 111 2122
Steps to Employment application form
Download copy of application form