Many rural areas are concerned about the lack of affordable housing for local young people and key workers, and how it then affects the local culture and economy.
That’s why we support officers working as Rural Housing Enablers across the area in which we work.
The main role of these facilitators is to:
- raise awareness of the lack of affordable housing for local people in rural areas
- gather information to understand the need for affordable housing within rural communities
- empower communities so that they can explore innovative options
- assist communities to form appropriate partnerships
- offer support to residents to live in sustainable communities
- improve the relationship between voluntary and statutory agencies and communities
- work with communities so that they can register the needs of local people