Grŵp Cynefin has pledged to reduce carbon emissions by 4% each year to reach zero net * by the year 2044.
These all fit with the pledge that is part of Grŵp Cynefin’s new sustainability strategy. As well as reducing emissions by 4% year on year and achieving zero net * by 2044, the strategy also aims to achieve:
- Develop a ‘retrofit’ scheme for their existing homes
- Build new homes to a low or zero carbon standard
- Develop their Energy Warden program to assist and advise tenants on the journey to net zero
- Reduce fleet emissions by switching to low or no emission vehicles
- Flexible working policy to reduce staff mileage and workplace emissions
- Investing in skills and carbon literacy for staff and customers
- Introduce LED lights and smart meters
- Seek to install on-site renewable energy in their offices and other operating sites
Take a look at Grŵp Cynefin’s sustainability report below
One of our main projects is Energy Wardens – which gives advice on energy efficiency.
If you are looking for advice on energy efficiency techniques and methods within your property, we can help you.
- Help you save energy at home
- Explain your bills and tariffs to you
- Support you with relevant grant applications
- Teach attitude change
- Organizing and supporting local community events.
- Support with Nest applications (private sector)
- And when we can’t help, direct you towards other 3rd sector agencies