Moving Home

You may decide to move house for a number of reasons:

  • Perhaps there aren’t enough bedrooms for all the family
  • Perhaps the property is too large because the children have by now left home.
  • Medical reasons and because it is necessary to adapt the property because of health or disability reasons.
  • You need to move house because you have been given a job in another area
  • You need to move house in order to receive support from your family
  • You are the victim of violence

If you do decide to move house, the Association can help you in a variety of ways.


You are entitled to exchange your house with another tenant within the Group, another housing association or local authority as long as the house is suitable for them. You must get written permission from us before exchanging with any other tenant. Grŵp Cynefin is a member of Homeswapper and you can register by clicking on the logo below -

Exchanging with another tenant could be an effective way of moving home.

Should you hear of another tenant wishing to exchange with you, your Housing Management Officer must firstly call to inspect your home. If your home is in an acceptable condition and your rent account is clear, you may proceed with the exchange.

Should you exchange with another tenant without receiving permission, we may take legal action to evict you from the property. We also have the right to prevent exchanges in other ways:

  • If you have any rent arrears
  • If you have made improvements or alterations without written permission
  • If you have damaged the property
  • If we are already taking legal action against you, such as an application for a possession order as a result of rent arrears.

We can also refuse permission to exchange if we feel that the property you are moving into is unsuitable for you.


If you wish to move to another home and at the same time wish to remain a tenant of Grŵp Cynefin, you can apply for a transfer. We will consider applications from any tenant, but there are exceptions:

  • If you have rent arrears
  • If we have served you with a notice to quit
  • If the property you are considering is too big or too large for your requirements
  • If the property you are considering has been adapted for a disabled person or if it is suitable for an older person.


Rural Housing Enablers »

There is concern in many rural areas about the economic and cultural effects because of the shortage of affordable homes for young people and key workers.

Information on Benefits »

Are you sure you are receiving the correct amount of benefit to which you are entitled? We've summarised the main benefits available in this section, if you are unsure about any aspect, please contact us.

Feedback, Compliments and Complaints »

We always aim to provide excellent services, but we can’t do this without knowing what you think we do well and where we need to improve.

Homes to Buy / Intermediate Rental

Tai Teg is a partnership between the region’s housing associations, local authorities and the…

Read More

Report a Repair

Grŵp Cynefin has a housing maintenance service. We wish to keep our houses in a good, safe and…

Read More

Jobs and Careers

Grŵp Cynefin offers opportunities to individuals who are keen to develop a career in the housing…

Read More

Contact Details

Have some questions or need help finding the information you want? Get in touch.

Read More