Who are we?
Conwy & Denbighshire Care & Repair assists older people (60+) to remain independent in their own homes in safety, comfort, warmth and security.
We provide advice and guidance to homeowners and private tenants in Conwy & Denbighshire who are over 60 years of age.
How can we help?
By providing advice and practical assistance on:
- Staying safe in your own home with a Healthy Homes Check;
- Housing options / solutions to enable you to remain independent in your own home;
- Technical matters such as repairs / improvements or adaptations;
- Income maximisation: Our Caseworker can provide you with a benefit assessment to ensure that you are in receipt of the appropriate benefits;
- Recommending contractors from our approved list;
- Practical assistance in organising and monitoring work to ensure work is carried out to a satisfactory standard;
- Help with filling in forms and applying for grants and benefits;
- Applying for grants to make your home warmer;
- Fire Safety Check carried out in partnership with North Wales Fire & Rescue Service;
- ‘Gerddi Gwyrdd Home Improvement Service’-Handyman & Gardening scheme available across Denbighshire (charged service)
Care and Repair is here to help you through every part of the process, offering advice support and assistance that you are free to accept or reject. However, you will at no time be under any obligation to go ahead with any works if you are not sure. The final decision will be yours.
North Wales Fire Service, The Pension Service, North Wales Energy Efficiency Advice Centre, Conwy County Borough Council, Denbighshire County Council, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board.
Phone: 0300 111 2120