Who are we?
We help older homeowners and private tenants to repair, adapt and maintain their homes.
We will visit you at home to discuss what repairs or adaptations you need, the possible solutions, the likely costs and sources of funding.
How can we help?
By providing advice and practical assistance on:
- Staying safe in your own home with a Healthy Homes Check;
- Housing options / solutions to enable you to remain independent in your own home;
- Technical matters such as repairs / improvements or adaptations;
- Income maximisation: Our Caseworker can provide you with a benefit assessment to ensure that you are in receipt of the appropriate benefits;
- Recommending contractors from our approved list;
- Practical assistance in organising and monitoring work to ensure work is carried out to a satisfactory standard;
- Help with applying for grants and benefits;
- Applying for grants to make your home warmer;
- Fire Safety Check carried out in partnership with North Wales Fire & Rescue Service;
- ‘Gerddi Gwyrdd Home Improvement Service’-Handyman & Gardening scheme (charged service)
Care and Repair is here to help you through every part of the process, offering advice support and assistance. However, you will at no time be under any obligation to go ahead with any works. The final decision will be yours.
North Wales Fire Service, The Pension Service, North Wales Energy Efficiency Advice Centre, Conwy County Borough Council, Denbighshire County Council, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board.
Conwy and Denbighshire Care & Repair is a charity and it has been entered onto the Register of Charities with the Registered Charity Number 1171303.
The charity’s objects are for the public benefit, the relief of need, sickness disability and poor health, particularly but not exclusively amongst those over sixty years of age and resident in the areas of Conwy and Denbighshire through:
- the maintenance and improvement of housing occupied by such persons; and
- the provision of assistance to help house such persons and associated facilities and amenities, including but not necessarily limited to special designs and adaptations, the provision of items, services and facilities calculated to relieve the needs of such persons, and
- to carry out such other charitable purposes as the charity may think fit from time to time.
Phone: 0300 111 2120