We aim to give you the highest possible level of service. We have produced this handbook to help you. It contains useful information about us, the services we provide and your rights and responsibilities.
As your landlord, we are responsible for managing your property and we work closely with our partners to make sure that our services are of a high standard and good value for money.
We have tried to include as much information as possible in your handbook, but if you don’t find what you are looking for, please contact us. You can download the handbook here or from the link at the bottom of the page, under ‘Downloads’.
We hope you will be very happy in your home.
Scroll down for English documents
Home Contents Insurance
Why do I need it?
If you are a tenant who rents, then your landlord may not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.
Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.
To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Grŵp Cynefin has teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Allianz Insurance plc who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.
The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.
How do I get further information?
• Ask your housing officer for an application pack.
• Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
Alternatively, please visit the www.thistlemyhome-cymru.co.uk for more information or to request a call back.
The National Housing Federation and Community Housing Cymru are Appointed Representatives of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.
- Folder Cover: Folder Cover
- Adran 1: Gwybodaeth Gyffredinol (CYM)
- Adran 2: Gofal Cwsmer (CYM)
- Adran 3: Symud i Mewn (CYM)
- Adran 4: Eglurhad am Fy Nhenantiaeth (CYM)
- Adran 5: Rhent, tâl gwasanaeth a rheoli fy arian (CYM)
- Adran 6: Byw yn fy nghartref (CYM)
- Adran 7: Gwaith Trwsio a Chynnal a Chadw fy nghartref (CYM)
- Adran 8: Cadw yn gynnes a diogel (CYM)
- Adran 9: Rheoli ac Atal Argyfwng (CYM)
- Adran 10: Gwasanaethau Cefnogaeth Ychwanegol (CYM)
- Adran 11: Cyfranogiad Tenantiaid, Ymgynghori a Mentrau Cymunedol (CYM)
- Adran 12: Symud i Fyw (CYM)
- Adran 13: Cysylltiadau defnyddiol (CYM)
- ----------: ----------
- Folder Cover: Folder Cover
- Section 1: General Info (ENG)
- Section 2: Customer Care (ENG)
- Section 3: Moving in (ENG)
- Section 4: My Tenancy Explained (ENG)
- Section 5: Rent, Service Charges and managing my finances (ENG)
- Section 6: Living in my home (ENG)
- Section 7: Repairs and Maintenance to My Home (ENG)
- Section 8: Staying Safe and Warm (ENG)
- Section 9: Managing and Preventing an Emergency (ENG)
- Section 10: Additional Support Services (ENG)
- Section 11: Tenant Participation, Consultation and Community Initiatives (ENG)
- Section 12: Moving Home (ENG)
- Section 13: Useful Contacts (ENG)