- Perhaps there aren’t enough bedrooms for all the family
- Perhaps the property is too large because the children have by now left home.
- Medical reasons and because it is necessary to adapt the property because of health or disability reasons.
- You need to move house because you have been given a job in another area
- You need to move house in order to receive support from your family
- You are the victim of violence
If you do decide to move house, the Association can help you in a variety of ways.
EXCHANGING WITH ANOTHER TENANT
You are entitled to exchange your house with another tenant within the Group, another housing association or local authority as long as the house is suitable for them. You must get written permission from us before exchanging with any other tenant. Grŵp Cynefin is a member of Homeswapper and you can register here.
Exchanging with another tenant could be an effective way of moving home.
Should you hear of another tenant wishing to exchange with you, your Housing Management Officer must firstly call to inspect your home. If your home is in an acceptable condition and your rent account is clear, you may proceed with the exchange.
Should you exchange with another tenant without receiving permission, we may take legal action to evict you from the property. We also have the right to prevent exchanges in other ways:
- If you have any rent arrears
- If you have made improvements or alterations without written permission
- If you have damaged the property
- If we are already taking legal action against you, such as an application for a possession order as a result of rent arrears.
We can also refuse permission to exchange if we feel that the property you are moving into is unsuitable for you.
If you wish to move to another home and at the same time wish to remain a tenant of Grŵp Cynefin, you can apply for a transfer. We will consider applications from any tenant, but there are exceptions:
- If you have rent arrears
- If we have served you with a notice to quit
- If the property you are considering is too big or too large for your requirements
- If the property you are considering has been adapted for a disabled person or if it is suitable for an older person.