The annual report shows the progress made over the year, towards achieving our strategic aims and objectives.
‘Making a Difference’: 2017-2020 Corporate Plan
The corporate plan explains the type of organisation we want to be, and has set priorities for implementation over a period of 3 years. You can download a copy here.
These priorities are called ‘strategic aims’, and Grŵp Cynefin’s strategic aims include:
• Quality Homes: We shall provide high-quality affordable homes that meet local needs
• Excellent Services: We shall provide excellent customer service consistently across the group
• Improve Lives: We shall provide help and opportunities for people
• Sustain Communities: We shall engage with local communities and be a catalyst for positive change
• Manage Effectively: We shall demonstrate the best leadership, governance and management practices as a group
We will publish our performance results on a quarterly and annual basis, and you can download the latest results here
The Welsh Ministers have powers to regulate Registered Social Landlords (Housing Associations) in Wales in relation to the provision of housing and matters relating to governance and financial management. An annual assessment is undertaken to consider how effective housing associations are at meeting those provisions. Welsh Government have issued their regulatory opinion of Grŵp Cynefin, and you can download a copy here.
The opinion is very constructive and we are very pleased that the areas identified requiring further regulatory assurance reflects the findings of our recent self-evaluation process. Please contact us should you have any questions or comments on the Opinion, or on any other aspect of the group’s activities.
Financial Viability Judgement
The Welsh Government publishes an annual Financial Viability Judgement for every housing association.
The judgement on our financial viability as of December 2015 is “Pass”. Welsh Government’s view is that we have sufficient resources to meet our current and forecasted future business and financial commitments.
You can download a copy of the full report here: http://gov.wales/topics/housing-and-regeneration/services-and-support/regulation/financialviabilityjudgements/fvj-cynefin-2015/?lang=en
Self Evaluation of Our Services
As part of our annual Business Planning process, we conduct a self-evaluation of all our services, which means taking an honest look on what we have achieved. The process includes looking closely on our performance, identifying achievements and what we did well, as well as what needs to be improved. You can read our latest self evaluation report here.
- Corporate Plan: Welsh Copy
- Corporate Plan: English Copy
- Regulatory Assessment May 2016: Welsh Copy
- Regulatory Assessment May 2016: English Copy
- Annual Report: 2015/16 Welsh
- Annual Report: 2015/16 English
- Self Evaluation : 2016/17 Welsh
- Self Evaluation: 2016/17 English
- Annual Report: 2016/17 Welsh
- Annual Report: 2016/17 English
- Performance Indicators: 2016/17 Results